CLINICAL PRACTICE GUIDELINES
Clinical practice guidelines assist in the delivery of care by providing a baseline of best practices, defined by the best evidence in the scientific literature. Thousands of different guidelines exist, many for the same conditions; however, each guideline is influenced based on the perspective of the person using them and the system of care in which the care is provided.
The partnership between Unity Health Plan and Gundersen Health Plan has allowed for a stronger collaboration in guideline development and review. In the future, guidelines on our website will be developed in collaboration with the Center for Clinical Knowledge and Management at UW-Health (CCKM). The CCKM Committee is a collaborative effort between clinicians and Quality Improvement staff of Unity Health Insurance, Physicians Plus Insurance corporation, the University of Wisconsin Medical Foundation, the Department of Family Medicine –UW-Madison, Group Health Cooperative, Meriter-Unity Point Health and Gundersen Health Plan. Each guideline will identify the organizations involved in the collaborative effort.
- Adult / Pediatric Preventive Care Guidelines
- Alcohol Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Diagnosis and Management of Asthma – Adult / Pediatric – Inpatient / Ambulatory
- Key Components in Managing ADHD
- Diagnosing and Treating Depression – Pediatric / Adult – Ambulatory
- Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes Adult / Pediatric – Inpatient / Ambulatory
- Management of Chronic Systolic Heart Failure - Inpatient / Ambulatory
- Assessment of Tobacco Use or Secondhand Exposure and Interventions for Tobacco Cessation – Adult/Pediatric – Inpatient / Ambulatory