Senior Preferred is a Medicare Advantage plan with four different coverage options. All four plans offer comprehensive medical coverage, worldwide urgent and emergency coverage and fixed premiums regardless of your age. Two plans also include Part D drug coverage. Senior Preferred plan options are sure to fit your needs for cost and coverage.
To learn more or schedule an appointment to meet with a Senior Preferred representative, please call Customer Service at (608) 881-8275 or (800) 394-5566.
Senior Choice is a Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plan from Gundersen Health Plan that is designed to work in conjunction with original Medicare. Senior Choice members enjoy a variety of benefit plans, the freedom to choose any Medicare participating provider and the same great customer service you know and rely on from Gundersen Health Plan.
To learn more, contact a health insurance advisor. You can view the list of advisors here. You can also call Gundersen Health Plan Sales & Marketing at (608) 881-8242 or (866) 491-1335.
What is a Medicare Advantage plan?
- It is a type of Medicare health plan offered by a private company that has a contract with Medicare to provide you with all of your Part A and Part B benefits. Most Medicare Advantage plans also offer Part D prescription drug coverage. You still have Medicare, however services are covered by the Medicare Advantage plan, not original Medicare.
- Medicare Advantage plans must cover all of the services original Medicare covers, except hospice care. Original Medicare covers hospice care even if you are in a Medicare Advantage plan.
- Medicare Advantage plans can also include additional benefits.
What is a Medicare Supplement policy?
- Medicare Supplement (Medigap) insurance is sold by private companies, but is different from Medicare Advantage. Medicare Supplement policies pay some of the healthcare costs that original Medicare doesn't cover, like copayments, coinsurance, and deductibles.
- Some Medigap policies also offer coverage for services that original Medicare doesn't cover, like medical care when you travel outside the U.S.
- If you have original Medicare and you buy a Medigap policy, Medicare will pay its share of the Medicare-approved amount for covered healthcare costs. Then your Medigap policy pays its share.